Descendants of Phillip Klein
Generation No. 1
1. PHILLIP1 KLEIN was born in pendelton, Ontario, Canada. He married ELIZABETH FORBES.
Children of PHILLIP KLEIN and ELIZABETH FORBES are:
2. i. ALLEN2 KLEIN, b. April 24, 1876, Ayton, Canada; d. August 07, 1959.
ii. CHARLES KLEIN.
iii. WILLIAM KLEIN.
iv. JOHN KLEIN.
Generation No. 2
2. ALLEN2 KLEIN (PHILLIP1) was born April 24, 1876 in Ayton, Canada, and died August 07, 1959. He married VIOLA GRACE EDDY April 06, 1902 in Hillman, Montmorency Co., MI, daughter of JOHN EDDY and ELIZA HOLLAR.
Children of ALLEN KLEIN and VIOLA EDDY are:
3. i. LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, b. August 31, 1903, Klein Settlement, Montmorency Co., MI; d. March 11, 1998, Alpena General Hospital, Alpena, Alpena Co., MI.
4. ii. VIOLET GRACE KLEIN.
iii. MERLIN KLEIN.
iv. TED KLEIN.
v. HOWARD KENNETH KLEIN.
vi. ERVIN KLEIN.
Generation No. 3
3. LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN (ALLEN2, PHILLIP1) was born August 31, 1903 in Klein Settlement, Montmorency Co., MI, and died March 11, 1998 in Alpena General Hospital, Alpena, Alpena Co., MI. She married LEON DWIGHT ABBE November 14, 1922 in Hillman, Montmorency Co., MI, son of BENJAMIN ABBE and EMMA MATTHEWS.
Children of LILLIAN KLEIN and LEON ABBE are:
5. i. LEONA MAE4 ABBE, b. February 06, 1937, Pontiac, Oakland co., MI.
6. ii. GEORGINA MARIE ABBE, b. June 21, 1924, Hillman, Montmorency Co., MI.
7. iii. RONALD KEITH ABBE, b. July 21, 1935, Hillman, Montmorency Co., MI.
8. iv. JANIS ELAINE ABBE, b. February 23, 1945, Rust, Montmorency Co at home.
v. DORIS ABBE.
vi. NORMA ABBE.
4. VIOLET GRACE3 KLEIN (ALLEN2, PHILLIP1). She married MARK.
Children of VIOLET KLEIN and MARK are:
Generation No. 4
5. LEONA MAE4 ABBE (LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, ALLEN2, PHILLIP1)1 was born February 06, 1937 in Pontiac, Oakland co., MI. She married (1) GRANT MC DONALD JR. in Rust Church, Rust, MI, son of GRANT SR. and ELSIE SMITH. She married (2) ALLAN JAMES STODDARD2 March 02, 1963 in Detroit, MI, son of JAMES STODDARD and VIOLA DOLSON.
Children of LEONA ABBE and ALLAN STODDARD are:
9. i. VICKI LYNN5 STODDARD, b. October 24, 1959, West Covina, CA.
ii. DARLENE SUE STODDARD, b. May 13, 1965; m. GLEN RICHARD DEANE, July 08, 1988, Alpena, Alpena Co., MI.
10. iii. CURTIS ALLAN STODDARD, b. February 07, 1968, Alpena General Hospital, Alpena Co. Alpena MI.
6. GEORGINA MARIE4 ABBE (LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, ALLEN2, PHILLIP1) was born June 21, 1924 in Hillman, Montmorency Co., MI. She married LESLIE DRAKER October 16, 1943 in Hillman, Montmorency Co., MI, son of WESLEY DRAKER and GRACE ESNER.
Children of GEORGINA ABBE and LESLIE DRAKER are:
11. i. ROBERT LEWIS5 DRAKER, b. February 22, 1945, hillman, Montmorency Co., MI; d. 1985.
12. ii. SUSAN KAY DRAKER, b. September 15, 1954, Pontiac, Oakland co., MI.
7. RONALD KEITH4 ABBE (LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, ALLEN2, PHILLIP1) was born July 21, 1935 in Hillman, Montmorency Co., MI. He married ROBERTA CRONK.
Children of RONALD ABBE and ROBERTA CRONK are:
13. i. LEON5 ABBE.
ii. ALBERT ABBE.
iii. KARL ABBE.
8. JANIS ELAINE4 ABBE (LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, ALLEN2, PHILLIP1) was born February 23, 1945 in Rust, Montmorency Co at home. She married STEVE MICHEAL HARMON August 15, 1965 in Hillman, Montmorency Co., MI.
Children of JANIS ABBE and STEVE HARMON are:
i. MICHEAL DOUGLAS5 HARMON, b. July 19, 1967; m. STEPHANIE, June 29, 1996, Hillman, Montmorency Co., MI.
ii. JEFFREY LYNN HARMON, b. May 12, 1970; m. LAURA.
Generation No. 5
9. VICKI LYNN5 STODDARD (LEONA MAE4 ABBE, LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, ALLEN2, PHILLIP1) was born October 24, 1959 in West Covina, CA. She married JOEL IVAN DULEBOHN June 29, 1985 in University Lutheran Church, East Lansing, Ingham Co., MI, son of JOHN DULEBOHN and BETTY WAGNER.
Children of VICKI STODDARD and JOEL DULEBOHN are:
i. MATTHEW STODDARD6 DULEBOHN, b. March 26, 1988, Lansing Gen. Hosp, Lansing, MI, Ingham County.
ii. ROBERT JOHN DULEBOHN, b. March 31, 1991, Sparrow Hosp., Lansing, MI, Ingham County.
10. CURTIS ALLAN5 STODDARD (LEONA MAE4 ABBE, LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, ALLEN2, PHILLIP1) was born February 07, 1968 in Alpena General Hospital, Alpena Co. Alpena MI. He married (1) AMY LYNN SPRAGG MCCRANDEL Abt. August 06, 1987 in United Methodist Church on Chisolm, Alpena, Alpena co., MI, daughter of LARRY DENNIS SPRAGG. He married (2) SANDRA YVONNE BIBEAU September 29, 1992 in They were in Oklahoma.
Child of CURTIS STODDARD and AMY MCCRANDEL is:
i. JAYRD ALLAN6 STODDARD, b. April 27, 1989.
Child of CURTIS STODDARD and SANDRA BIBEAU is:
ii. CHRISTOPHER BLAYNE6 STODDARD, b. December 20, 1993, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu HI.
11. ROBERT LEWIS5 DRAKER (GEORGINA MARIE4 ABBE, LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, ALLEN2, PHILLIP1) was born February 22, 1945 in hillman, Montmorency Co., MI, and died 1985. He married RUTH WILDBILLIG April 15, 1964 in Pontiac, Oakland co., MI, daughter of WILLIAM WILDBILLIG and MARJORIE COOPER.
Children of ROBERT DRAKER and RUTH WILDBILLIG are:
i. VIRGINIA6 DRAKER.
ii. ROBERT DRAKER, b. February 06, 1968.
iii. JEANNETTE DRAKER, b. December 31, 1969.
12. SUSAN KAY5 DRAKER (GEORGINA MARIE4 ABBE, LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, ALLEN2, PHILLIP1) was born September 15, 1954 in Pontiac, Oakland co., MI. She married HAROLD ADAMS.
Children of SUSAN DRAKER and HAROLD ADAMS are:
i. ABBIGAIL6 ADAMS.
ii. BRIDGET ADAMS.
13. LEON5 ABBE (RONALD KEITH4, LILLIAN MAE3 KLEIN, ALLEN2, PHILLIP1). He married VICKY.
Child of LEON ABBE and VICKY is:
i. GENEVIEVE6 ABBE.
1. File # 1020 L. 12B P. 595 Date 3⁄6⁄1937.
2. birth Certificate for Allan James Stoddard, Reg # 278.
Over 100 descendants of Dan and Julia Klein Gathered at the Rust Township Hall July 25. A wonderful afternoon of fellowship and a potluck dinner were enjoyed by all.
Eldest present was Clara Klein of rust and youngest present was her great great granddaughter six day old Abigail Aikens of Ossineke. Clara had five generations present including her daughter Francis Farrier, Grandson Mel Farrier, Great granddaughter Mrs. Paul (Melanie) Aikens and baby Abigail.
Traveling the farthest were Dave and Yvonne (Klein) Hopkins, Erin and Philip of Livermore, CA, Randy and Therese Klein of Charlotte NC and Brian Klein, Jr. of Virginia.
Honored for being married the longest were Wendell and June (Klein) Green of Comins. They have been married for 63 years.
After a brief meeting it was decided we have outgrown the Rust Hall and will hold the next reunion at the Hillman’s Sportsman’s Club in July of ‘99.
This year we were blessed with a few new faces including Vi (Dice) Powel, first timer and first from that lineage.
Daniel Klein was born May 8, 1823 in Waldmor Germany, died at home in the Klein Settlement Feb. 7, 1906. He was a student of instrumental music, and played the clarinet. He was a member of a band in Germany, also Ontario and Buffalo, NY. That explains where all our musical talent comes from. Julia Ann Notgenbaher was born March 12, 1824 in Kinsel County, Germany. She died June 18, 1907 at her homestead in the Klein Settlement. As of Jan. 12, 1906 their living grandchildren and great grandchildren numbered respectively 79 and 33. Nine of their 12 children were living within sight of their home.
In the spring of 1884 the Kleins and their children came by rail to Port Huron and by steamer from the city of Cleveland to Alpena arriving May 3, from there to what is now known as the Klein Settlement. Daniel’s father Philip Peter Klein was born and died in Germany, He was a famous swordsman and fought 12 years with the first Napoleon. Their children were Philip, Daniel, John, Jake, Nicholas, William, Charlie, Margaret (Mrs. Conrad Bauer), Mary (Haas), Julia (Geisel), Katie (Wyman), and Caroline(Dice).
We’d like to thank Wesley Klein for being our emcee, Brian and Pat Klein and Pat and Lillian Klein for all their hard work, Lowell and Jeanne Elowski for their generous donations and Ross Wilder for asking the blessing. Without everyone’s efforts there would be no reunion.